D'Angelo Bros. Meat Market: "Three Generations of Butchery"
909 South 9th Street
D’Angelo Bros. opened in 1910 in the 9th Street Market. Three generations of D’Angelos have run the butcher shop since then.
Sonny D’Angelo, the current owner, wrote a cookbook, “And Now We Call It Gravy,” which contains both recipes, and memoirs of the market. Having worked in the Butcher shop for nearly 50 years, D’Angelo has seen many things change about his neighborhood and business, though he still uses the same chopping block that his grandfather installed nearly 100 years ago.